Tasty Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Hobart
December 15th 2007
Published: December 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

November 2006 saw us travel to Tasmania for one week to celebrate our 10th anniversary together. We stayed in Hobart for a couple of days and enjoyed the Salamanca markets and a beer festival which happened to be on when we were there - what luck!

We also hired a car for a few days and spent time in the Huon Valley, staying at a wonderful B&B near Huonville. The drive up to Tahune Airwalk was just lovely and we detoured off the beaten track and up a hill in the rain to see the start of the South West Wilderness...as luck would have it we didn't get to see it because it was misty and raining. But it was nice just to be out in the middle of nowhere anyhow.

We sampled wine and sheep's cheese in the region as well as pizza of course (we are self-designated official pizza tasters after all). A special thanks goes to Fletchers Photographics in Hobart city for saving most of our digital pics after they were "accidently" deleted by a man who shall remain nameless...thanks guys...you saved our marriage!!!

All in all a beautiful week in Tassie...and we will be back one day soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0147s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb