Tasmania East Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Freycinet
January 8th 2008
Published: January 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

LauncestonLauncestonLaunceston

View from hotel
We have now left NSW and flew via Canberra to Launceston in Tasmania. Whilst it is a very pretty, no make that beautiful place technology is very behind the times so no internet so far.

WE stayed in the Tamer Valley on a vineyard overlooking the valley. The apartment was very modern and open plan with huge windows but very industrial with lots of metal and concrete. Sunday was spent in Brians quest for the perfect Pinot Noir. The Tamer Valley has lots of great wineries and so we had a lot to sample and many great people to meet. What with fresh berries and great cheese how could things get better?

On Monday we headed east via the beautiful heritage town of Ross. I really liked this town which is full of those magnificant soft sandstone houses I assocuate with Australia. The bridge , which was built by convicts is supurb and as soon as I can post pictures I will. The area was the site of a prision, this time for women and their stories are quite harowing. Sad vibes abound.

WE drove on to the east coast village of bicheno for a great meal of
LauncestonLauncestonLaunceston

Lavender Fields
crayfish in the restuarant with “the best view in the world” I am not arguing although it does seem a big boast. The food was good though. Then on to Coles Bay and the freycinet peninsula. This is one seriously beautiful place and should be on everyones must see list. Now sitting in our apartment overlooking the water with a bright orange subset illuminating the sky , a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in another i am content. Victoria? Where is that?


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

LauncestonLaunceston
Launceston

Tamar Valley
RossRoss
Ross

Convict built bridge
Coles BayColes Bay
Coles Bay

View from hotel


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb