Day 2 {Devonport.}


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Devonport
December 19th 2008
Published: January 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After docking at Devonport at 7am, we discovered that Devonport in December was very cold.
We drove off the ferry, went through customs then stopped at McDonalds to change clothes.

Gone were the shorts, tshirts and sandals and in their place was tracksuits, socks and sneakers.

After breakfast at McDonalds we got away early for Cradle Mountain- Lake St. Clair National Park.

The drive there took around 90 minutes but it was a wonderful way to spend the day.
The back country roads were quiet and the scenery was stunning, mountains rising on the sides and the endless sight of green paddocks.

My husband doesn't like driving holidays much but he surprised me by saying "Im really enjoying this" which made my day. Seeing him enjoy it as much as I had hoped was amazing.

By the time we got to Cradle Mountain it felt even colder so we all donned another jacket and a blanket for L then we set off.

We spent a fantastic few hours at Cradle Mountain then we headed to Tasmazia, home to the world's largest maze.
We thought that would be a great way to spend the afternoon for a 2 year old and we
Country Road.Country Road.Country Road.

Somewhere between Devonport and Cradle Mountain.
all loved it.

You can read my post about Cradle Mountain here and Tasmazia here (coming soon.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Mountains.Mountains.
Mountains.

Stunning scenery on the way to Cradle Mountain.
Mountains.Mountains.
Mountains.

Taken from Tasmazia, Promised Land


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb