31 03 2010


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Victor Harbor
April 4th 2010
Published: April 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

31 03 2010

We got up early to get on with the drive and so by 0630 we were on the road. We knew from the map that this next part it was going to be a long boring road.


It was a full moon and a bit misty to start. The best part though was the great sunrise and the trees in silhouette.

Wendy helpfully fell asleep as it was mind numbingly straight road and featureless apart from the road kill kangaroos.

Eventually we stopped at the one hick one building place called salty creek. It was a fishing and hunting place. There were stuffed animal head trophies and pictures of fishermen everywhere. To my surprise the waitress was from Finland. We ordered breakfast and a much needed coffee to keep us going.

After a while the long drive continued and eventually the scenery improved and we appreciated it.

Then we crossed a ferry in Wellington and drove on down to Strathblane which was a delightful place to wander around.

We finished up in Port Victor and went to the tourist office. A small cottage was located nearby and we handed over the never never card and booked in.

The cottage was called Bud Cottage and was an oasis of peace. There was a spa bath and 2 bedrooms with a good kitchen and Samsung digital TV. We freshened up and settled down to read and relax. We cooked in and just relaxed.

Slept like logs and a leisurely start for Thursday.




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb