The Yorke Peninsula


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Stansbury
April 21st 2013
Published: April 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Swan Reach this morning the road stretches off in to infinity, saltbush as far as the eye can see, the sheep love it. We travel through little townships, and past houses that have been long forgotten and rotting into the dry ground. Once beautiful old stone houses that could tell a milion stories. There are some really lovely homes and gardens in the little hamlet of Hambley Bridge and we go into an old wares shop and fossick around. I didnt find anything. I am looking for a bakery to buy one of those jam donuts that I liked last time I was in South Australia. We arrive in Port Wakefield, where I find a bakery and Yes! they have them. See Photo.

We travel on down the Yorke Peninsula and find a little park where we stay for two nights. It's been raining all day, but we drive down to Stansbury, and back to Port Vincent. The rain pelts down and the wind whips up the water in the bay as we eat our whiting and wedges in the fish and chip shop. Back in the van it's still raining, the farmers will be pleased, its a good start for the wheat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb