Port Lincoln Just Passing Through


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Lincoln
September 8th 2021
Published: September 12th 2021
Edit Blog Post

There are so many lovely places with awesome bays and great ocean views as you follow the Eyre Peninsular coastline south to Port Lincoln. We cruised into most, stopping for coffee when convenient. Thankfully we seem to have overcome our coffee jinx. Today it was morning coffee in Port Neill. It’s clean white sand beach, clear water and very obvious care of the area by locals make it an appealing place to visit … or even live. Gorgeous homes perched high up on the surrounding hills must have the most stunning views.

There is much beauty in the natural bushland and roadside verges almost anywhere as you drive the Eyre Peninsular. Red, yellow, orange and white flowers adorn much of the native vegetation in full bloom. Even the feral gazanias add a certain amount of beauty at the moment as they also are in full bloom. It is sad to see this feral plant pervading the landscape so enthusiastically. We have seen this before as we have travelled interstate … particularly in rural Victoria.

After setting up camp in the Port Lincoln Tourist Park we went in search of The Marina Hotel for lunch. Afterall, Eyre peninsular is renowned
Not waving. Cleaning.Not waving. Cleaning.Not waving. Cleaning.

We’d cleaned everything but the windows so far. Oh my goodness, we can see you and the wonderful view now. Thanks Greg.
for its seafood; tuna in particular, and we had heard many good reviews about this eatery.

We were not disappointed. The blue fin tuna coated in black and white sesame seeds, roast potatoes on a chargrilled capsicum puree with a rocket parmesan and walnut salad was a definite winner. Therefore, the Marina seafood catch (a mix of local seafood with chips and very ordinary salad) could only come in as second.

On cue, a couple of dolphins cruised past and a few sea gulls hovered overhead. Their orange feet glowing in the sunlight as they stood above us.

Just to make ourselves feel good we took a stroll along part of the walking trail that runs along the shoreline. This meandered through native bushland, once again in various states of bloom. Here a few ferals were obvious; being many flowering freesias and the odd rabbit.

This caravan park has spacious sites which have been carefully laid out to give every visitor a clear water view. A nice touch!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Sea gulls walking above usSea gulls walking above us
Sea gulls walking above us

Thank goodness there was a barrier between us and them.


Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb