South Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Mount Gambier
September 29th 2011
Published: September 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

To break up the long drive along the Nullabor we stopped to see the southern right whales at the Head of the Bight. We walked to the viewing platform and watched the mothers and babies swimming around. It was really cold and windy so we didn’t stay too long. That night we stayed at Cactus beach which really was cactus. Our travel guide book said there were showers which was just a little brick unit with a cold shower in it. The next day we drove all day to get to Adelaide. We went straight to Darsh’s house and stayed there the night. It was so good to see him and his family. We woke up the next day and went for a walk to the local park and back. Then Ruchi made us a yummy lunch of dahl and roti. After a while we went to Megan, Mick, Amelia and Hannah's house up in the Adelaide Hills. They had a fire going and we had a BBQ. Darsh and Arth arrived and we played deck on the trampoline the whole time. After they left, we slept in Megan’s house while mum and dad slept out in the camper trailer. Ha Ha.
The next day was Ash’s 8th birthday so went to a massive park near the beach called Jubilee. On the way we saw a dark blue Meserati. We met Darsh and his family at the park and had a party for Ash. We said good bye, and drove back Megan’s for our last night in Adelaide. Dad made Ash’s favourite dinner – pizza!
We drove for a few hours and camped at 42 Mile camp ground in Coorong National Park. We did some sand boarding out on the dunes then we went to bed. The next day we did some more sand boarding. When we got back to camp our camper trailer to find that bees were swarming in it. Dad sprayed them with a lot of Mortein but they didn’t want to go away. Then dad put on his protection and took out all our stuff and sprayed inside. They eventually went away. We had a relaxing afternoon at the camp ground. The next morning we had to pack up in the rain. We drove to Mount Gambier where we had lunch then onto the Glenelg National park camp ground at Princess Margaret Rose Caves. Rain, rain and more rain - hello Victoria!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Southern Right WhalesSouthern Right Whales
Southern Right Whales

Head of the Bight
MonyetMonyet
Monyet

Thats monkey in bahasa


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb