Travel Blog 8 to 14 September(Port Lincoln to Meningie)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Meningie
September 14th 2008
Published: September 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Time is drawing nigh for the finish of our odyssey.We have booked our flights back on 30 Sept. and have another week to get back to Melbourne.This will give us a week catching up with family and doing a few other things that need to be done concerning the vehicles.We have had a pretty relaxed week in that we haven't done great distances and have had time to smell the roses-well wine bouquets actually.After leaving the Eyre Peninsula we crossed the Flinders range and made our way into the Clare valley where we had a couple of nights and visited several vineyards.Then on to Barossa where we did more gourmet visits including to Maggie Beer's Farm Shop for lunch and samples.Then on to Adelaide and a 3 night stay in a park in Mt Lofty Nat. Pk with lots of trees and birds around us.It was a half hour train trip into the city which we did on 2 days-the first to visit the Royal Show and the central Market.On the second day we went on the tram to Glenelg for lunch and then did the museum and Bot. Gardens.Yesterday we left the City to go down to Victor Harbour and on to Goolwa at the mouth of the poor old Murray River.Everyone up stream wants a piece of it and we have witnessed the result which leaves the river low and the lakes very low and sad looking-we are tonight camping beside Lake Albert-one of those suffering.The Murray is in the news every day over here because of its plight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0947s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb