The Roaming Swagman


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Roaming SwaggieRoaming SwaggieRoaming Swaggie

Big Red Gum Tree
Went camping on The Roaming Swagman MRA Rally, held at Melrose in the mid north of South Australia. We arrived on Friday evening and had the tents setup just after dark. We enjoyed a fabulous Mussamon Curry (even if I say so myself) and a few wines by the campfire. Great discussion and not a very late night considering.

After a fabulous breakfast we headed off on our motor bikes over to Peterborough to investigate the Steam Train museum and visit the motorcycle museum. The weather was quite hot in Melrose but atleast 8 degrees cooler in Peterborough. We went through Orroroo and found a Giant Red Gum tree that was estimated to be around 500 years old. It had a circumference of almost 11m at the base. We headed back for a late lunch and sit round the campfire for the afternoon. There was a presentation and a contest for best bike. We settled back for another evening of campfire discussion and a few glasses of red.

Next morning I got some great photos of the ranges at sunrise. After breakfast and packup, we headed back to Adelaide via some great country roads.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Roaming SwaggieRoaming Swaggie
Roaming Swaggie

Me at sunrise


Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb