Adelaide / Kangaroo Island, Sth Oz


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Video title 36 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
2-8 May 2011

Adelaide! Can't believe we're here already, the last six months has flown by at an alarming rate. Driving into Adelaide opened my eyes to what a beautiful city it is. So many beautifully kept old houses with lovely flowering gardens. Caught up with a friend from back home, who inspired Reef to rename our camper "Fiona".

We stayed right on West Beach just near Glenelg and it's here where we met up with mum and dad. Was so great to see them, especially in a foreign place. We spent a day in Hahndorf, an old German town in the Adelaide Hills. Such a quaint little town with interesting shops. There was nothing little about lunch though! The world's biggest hotdogs and hamburgers. We took the boys into Misty Hollows which was a fairytale cave out the back of a toy shop. It was set out so well, so much effort had gone into it.

We all spent a day in Glenelg and doing a bus tour of the city - ever the tourists!

Next was the much anticipated Kangaroo Island. Up before the crack of dawn to pack down and get to the car ferry in time. We made it (somehow) with moments to spare - I'm sure dad had to up his dose of blood pressure tablets..

We stayed in Kingscote and explored as much of the island as we could - did a pretty good job I think. American River and Pennington Bay on the first day. Flinders Chase National Park on day two which was amazing. There were hundreds of seals lulling around all the rocks at Admirals Arch (I LOVED this part) and the scenery was second to none. Remarkable Rocks were extraordinary and then there was a walk through the national park. Day three was Cliffords Honey Farm (who ever knew bees were so damn interesting, not to mention such an important part of the environment?!) and a picnic at Vivonne Bay. Alex worked up the courage to go for a surf - thankfully there were no great whites hanging about. Last day we went to the east coast to Cape Willoughby and a scenic drive around the coast to Pennishaw.

The nights were cold so it was nice having a cabin (thanks to the parents) to have dinner and kick back. South Australia is full of history and it has been good learning about lots of different times past.

Only thing, where were all the kangaroos????....


Additional photos below
Photos: 86, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb