T'is a cold wind that blows......


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Barossa Valley » Nuriootpa
September 6th 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

My goodness, it was cold this morning, and the wind didn’t make things any better. Frank had to get up through the night to wind the awning in because it was so windy. One good thing about it was that I was able to justify why I found it necessary to pack my boots, and other winter type clothes. I even found myself looking for scarves in opportunity shops.
We did a tour of the shops in Nurioopta and then went to Chateau Tanunda in Tanunda to try to relive a very pleasant wine experience from a recent dinner in an Ocean Grove restaurant. We tracked down the wine, but wasn’t as nice as we remembered.
A phone call to the caravan supplies business in Adelaide confirmed that our fridge part had arrived, so we did a quick return trip to Adelaide. With the part put away safely, we are ready to continue our journey. Now that we have paid $500 for a new circuit board, we are almost convinced that we won’t need it, because the fridge is working well at the moment. We will call it insurance. If we didn’t get it, we probably would need it. Interesting thing is that the same part cost $650 at the fridge repairer in Melbourne, or $800+ if they installed it. Takes about ten minutes.
We have flushed out the water tanks today and made a couple of last minute alterations. We are ready for an early departure in the morning. You know how when you are on a plane and the captain announces to the flight attendants to prepare the cabin for take-off/landing? Well that is my job. I have to make sure everything is put away, all the cupboard doors are looked etc. I am good at it too, except for yesterday. Not long after we departed Mildura I reported to The Grey Nomad that I had heard a bang. He pulled over to check it out and then informed me that the contents had fallen out of the fridge. Seems the cabin crew had neglected to lock the fridge door. Fortunately the eggs remained where they were and there was no damage done.
We have reviewed the map this evening and plan to stop at Woomera tomorrow night. Frank’s stress levels seem to be reducing slightly. Hooray.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.2222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb