the barossa valley (first week in australia)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Barossa Valley » Nuriootpa
October 27th 2010
Published: October 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

barossa 024barossa 024barossa 024

it's still spring here!
this blog site lists 10 options for which continent i'm currently on...sketchy? regardless, it is the only site i could actually figure out so it will have to do. this first entry has photos from my time in the barossa valley, arguably australia's most famous wine region. hopefully i will be working as a cellar hand at torbreak winery in the fall. that is fall down here. which is spring for all of you at home.
trust me, i know how confusing that is. remember the television show sabrina the teenage witch? and remember how she would go to the other relm through her bedroom mirror where everything was the exact opposite as the real world? that is how i feel every single day. crossing the street, jogging, standing on an escalator, round abouts, EVERYTHING. i'm just nervous for the day i rent a car.
anyway, the barossa was gorgeous and so isolated (in a good way). you could watch the weather change and roll in over the low hills because there are no buildings to obstruct your view. i'm excited to get back there and see what fall looks like because right now, i'm missing apple cider and pumpkin carving.
i expected this site to just be for photo uploads. i never thought i would "blog" but i guess i just did. hope you enjoy it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

barossa 037barossa 037
barossa 037

yes, i am travelling alone and occassionally you have to take your own photograph.
rosebushesrosebushes
rosebushes

this crooked photo shows rosebushes which are frequently grown at the ends of rows of vines as a warning sign. the rosebushes will be effected by climate or disease before the vine.
barossa 020barossa 020
barossa 020

kookaburra sits in the old...telephone line?
barossa 048barossa 048
barossa 048

a little creek i found on a hike
barossa 050barossa 050
barossa 050

the description "pie floater" is why i still haven't tried one of australia's traditional pies
barossa 055barossa 055
barossa 055

the barossa was settled by germans so i was a bit confused by the scottish bagpipers but they played sweet music
barossa 066barossa 066
barossa 066

the barossa valley is extremely lutheran. you can see the lutheran church steeple in the background


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb