Home Again


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
November 2nd 2013
Published: November 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We’re home.We’re home.We’re home.

We celebrate at Jacob’s Creek Restaurant with Gwen.
We were awoken by the sweet sound of singing blackbirds. It had been a long time since we had heard this sound. It was obvious our trip was soon to finish.



Eggs floating in ‘doggy bag’ tomato and basil pasta courtesy of La Pecora Nera, was a delicious, some would say disgusting, breakfast for our final caravan meal for this trip. Followed by the usual preparation necessary before moving off with the van, we were soon on the road again heading for the Barossa where we store our van.



As we headed further south crops started appearing, many not that far from being harvested. Some canola had been cut and windrowed ready for pick up, while other paddocks had freshly cut crops, raked and ready for baling. Trucks loaded sky high with large bales travelled towards us and with us. Some barrelled along on the speed limit, while one more cautious driver almost gave us another passing manoeuvre opportunity only he pulled over to let us through. We heard him on the 2 way radio discussing passing tactics with other truckies as he was not going any faster because he had rolled one of these trucks last season. Good on him for playing it safe!



The crops were all looking terrific and indicate a bountiful harvest can be expected this year. The patchwork of crops at various stages of ripeness or type made the countryside quite picturesque.



On arrival at Tanunda we were greeted by Gwen, Greg’s mum who was very happy to see us safely home. Well home to her place. After coffee and another birthday cake and wishes, it was time to do some house/van cleaning. The outside was washed, goodies from the inside cleared out and the van returned to its home in the shed before Joan, Greg and Gwen headed off to Jacob’s Creek Restaurant for a relaxing welcome home lunch.



With the final cleaning and tidying up done we headed for Adelaide next morning, but not before dropping in on Ali at her new place in Tanunda and catching up on the ‘goss’ about her new job.



It seems our leaving town when we did started a chain reaction in family moving to new jobs and homes. Congratulations to Tristan on his new work placement, Leigh for his new job in Sydney and Ali on her new job in the Barossa. It is great you have solved your work place dilemmas but did you really have to leave town?



This trip might be over but you have given us some new places to visit and so the plans for the next trip begin.

This is it after 6,300 km! We’re done until next trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb