At Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
November 1st 2008
Published: November 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all
We are at Adelaide Shores for a week. It is a great caravan park, right on a white sandy beach, and close to the city and airport.
I went to the dentist on Friday morning and had my tooth fixed in 20 min - amazing! Didn't cost enough to claim insurance .
We then both went to the doctor next door, to see about getting repeats of pills here. That was a mission, as some pills are different with nothing similiar. One of my pills (Nicotinic acid for you Cameron!), I take 1/2 a pill a day 50mg, I would have had to cut the nearest equivalent into 10, so we said forget it! The chemist has had to order in Chris' ointment, so we will stay here until it arrives, some time next week. We are also waiting for the registeration papers for our car to arrive from NZ - Hamish is sending them over, as it needs to be reregistered. We both also went to the hairdressers and had haircuts. All these shops within 5 min of our caravan park.
Also close is a huge mall with outlet shops, so we went there and got Chris some more clothes.
We drove down the coast on Thursday , exploring most beaches down to Maslin Beach, by Maclaren Vale.
The yacht club is only 200m from our van park, so we went for a walk this morning on the beach, and watched lots of little yachts going out sailing. It is beautiful here. There is even 2 golf courses over the road.
We have some nice neighbours here, have a car the same as ours and a bigger van. Chris and Trevor have talked "cars" quite a bit. They are from Brisbane and have been on the road 18 months. We are having drinks with them tonight. It's 24 degrees inside the van, sunny with about 5 - 10 k of wind. Chris is sitting outside , under the awning reading his book, we have enjoyed having a quiet day, getting washing up to date etc. Will do some more exploring tomorrow, around Adelaide.
Lots of lovely rose gardens here too - I've decided they look so good because there is not so much wind as in NZ.
No photos today as I haven't downloaded them yet.
Cheers Lynne

Advertisement



1st November 2008

Nice !
What a lovely spot you seem to be in - may tempt you to stay a bit longer. Good to hear your tooth is sorted. Enjoy!
1st November 2008

Great spot here
We had an electrical storm this morning, it rained for under an hour. Chris got out in it and washed the van and car! Water is in such short supply here. Very sorry to hear that Brett Burton has had a cycling accident on the Coromandel. He has spinal and head injuries and is in Auckland hospital. He has had such a lot of bad luck since coming from South Africa.
2nd November 2008

Great news
Sounds like all is going so well for the 2 of you. We missed you today at Sponsors Day Lynne. A good time was had by all and the weather cooperated.
4th November 2008

nicotinic ac
Hi Sis, those low strength nicotinic Ac tabs will be available otc at ahealth shop or the vitamin section in a reputible pharmacy.All fit and well here.Tonga week was Fab reat coral and fishing on the reefs,would ove togo back to Vavau and hire a 45ft Cat for a week with 3 other couples. Andre and Sue Klomp live in Adelaide ,they were our friends in London he is a Gyney Specialist in Adel,worth a call,they visited me a couple of yars ago at Omaha. Cheers Cam and Rob
6th November 2008

Hey Aunties Lynne + Chris! Enjoying dingo-land and cruising the coast - ah the good life!

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb