Getting Set Up to Go - T-6 Days and Counting


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
May 8th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, the clock's-a-ticking and there is heaps left to do. I guess going fishing last Sunday when Amanda had lined up a whole heap of work on the Kamper and Prado, wasn't such a good idea. Not to worry, while the water was a bit rough, any day fishing is better than any day helping the wife organise the Kamper.

Opened up the Kimberley Kamper for the first time last weekend, since before Easter and everything was mouldy from moisture. I wonder if having the beast on the back lawn next to the sprinklers was such a good idea, but too late now. At least we are getting some of the wet stuff from the heavens and the Kamper is getting cleaned every so often, daily at the moment. Damn near forgotten what that wet stuff is called.

One thing that has surprised me is the amount of spares we have collected for the trip. I expected to keep everything spare for the Prado in the Prado for the trip, but once you consider the hoses, brackets, filters, tools, oil, coolant, other bits and bobs and a spare woman (in case this one becomes defective because of the rough roads) it all starts to mount up. Bit of a surprise, but an investment in insurance, we hope.

Biggest worry at the moment: MY ADDICTION TO COFFEE, more specifically: How to manage it! We have found a coffee percolator for the gas cooker, so it is going in for the trip to manage that little peril.

Advertisement



13th May 2007

Have a great trip Bruce & Amanda
Hey guys - will be watching your progress with interest. Have a fab time and drive safe! Cheers, Crawf

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb