A home at last


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
March 30th 2007
Published: March 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I'm sure many of you must have thought we had dropped off the face of the earth somewhere between Tamale and Australia.
We have had the most wonderful exciting happy and adventurous few months and we are currently enjoying the wonders of the Australian summer and Autumn. Although the temprature is a mere 26C we are all feeling a little cold and feeling quite Aussie!!!! It is so wonderful to have family around and we are enjoying weekends, what a marvellous institution they are. Friday nights see us heading off to the beach, when it was warmer and now it is a little cooler, we go to town to eat or shop and explore the wonders on offer. There is always something to see and do and now we have the freedom to experiment.
Richard is working hard in his new job and Sian is now a student there but they are on different campuses so he is not teaching her yet. They are both really enjoying the school but not so much the commute in each day. They catch a train in to town and then a bus from town to school. They are old hands now and get lots of homework and marking done on the trip.
Marc and Huw are making their mark in their new school and making lots of friends. Huw started his Aussie football training last night and admitted it was the hardest training he has done. they are both making impacts in the rugby team as well and are already in the first teams. what a delight it is to watch pracice in the sunshine though it has been too hot sometimes, I remember those very cold and sometimes snowy sessions at Marlborough, never to be forgotten.
It is really great to report that there has been a lot of rain recently, not enough by any means but all the land is already showing improvement and there are little tufts of green that haven't been sighted in a very long time. There is great hope that the rain will continue long and hard this winter. It is very noticeably cooler at the moment and we have to get used to wearing shoes and warm clothes, with all of our adventures we haven't been bothered in the cold for nearly 7 months, what bliss it has been.
Tamale seems so far away but the experiences remain close to our hearts, we will complete our adventures within the next few weeks.

Advertisement



31st May 2007

Great to catch up on all this
What a saga! We envy you Ghana! All seems well with you in Oz - though we are not quite clear who is where or doing what where. We will be in Adelaide in Feb 08 when I have one month in Oz doing a lecture tour for ADFAS. Lots of love to you all. jeo@fish.co.uk

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb