Adelaide to Snowy Mountians


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Glenelg
November 20th 2008
Published: November 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Adelaide and stayed here for 2nights, met two English couples from Enfield and Berkshire, had a good night chatting and playing cards and drinking our box wine (classy) with them.

The 2nd day we headed to the city by public bus, went to the main shopping street, bought some new tops (oh i miss shopping and primark!), we walked to Adelaide Cricket Ground, walked along park of the Torren River, which runs through the city, such a lovely day.

We left in the day morning for a little town(village) called Port Elliott, but on the way we stopped at Christies Beach, then Victor Harbour, this town was the 1st town in OZ with a tram line pulled by horses, these are still running but just for the tourists across to another island.

Stu was in a lot of pain with his back, so i descided to go for a walkabout (Billy No Mates) along the path, besides the sea and lovely beaches, scenery was great and i spotted a lizard, i think they are called Sleepy Lizards but we call them double enders as their bums look like there heads! We just stayed here one night.

We drove to Robe (another small fishing town) but we had to cross the Murray River by ferry, that was good fun, we had Fish n Chips, lovely! Just stayed here one night again.

On the way to Port Fairy we stopped at mt Gambier to see the Blue Lake and Crater lake, these were pretty good, there was a walk around each one, but the weather here is terrible so cold, rainy and windy, so we descided to drive it instead, much warmer! In Port Fairy there is an island attached to the main land, but we did an hour walk around it and saw lots of swamp wallabies and dead birds, but it was a nice walk.

The next day is the GREAT OCEAN ROAD.... the weather as we started was windy and very cold, but as we got further along the sun came out but still a little chilly inthe shade, but made the pics look better. We stopped at most of the lookout points along the way, near to the end we stopped at Kennet River and saw Koalas inthe wild it was amasing, they are so cute and fluffy looking.
We stayed the night at a town called Anglesea, which was nice.

We left for Melbourne, we went to the MCG and saw Victoria v Tasmaina onthe 3rd day, which was good to see, the stadium is huge, we walked into the city and i bought a hoody to keep me warm, caught the tram around the sights and drove around Albert park where they hold the grand prix every march. (Gem and Shaun, i am afraid we didnt get to the curry house, our campsite had a curfew!) We loved Melbourne aswell.

We only stayed there one night, as our campsite was well out of the city so we headed to Lavington (Albury), stayed there one night and did nothing but relax, but i was happy as i found an "Aldi", yipeee loved it!

We headed out to the Snowy Mountains, the route was really nice, very scenic and VERY HIGH up, we took our time driving this and stopped at a few look out points and we stayed in a small town for the night, we have just arrived in Canberra now and yes it raining and cold, bring onthe sunshine, our tans are fading fast!



Additional photos below
Photos: 86, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb