Adelaide- Glenelg Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Glenelg
March 24th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Central MarketCentral MarketCentral Market

Fresh Food- en mass!
After a day of rain yesterday, that was spend rather productively with sleeping in , reading, souvenir shopping, running errands and a visit to the Central Market here in Adelaide, i woke up to splendind sunshine today. After a nice jog along the river front and a healthy breakfast, I decided to spend the day in Glenelg and check out the beach volleyball of the Fire and Police Games.
To get to the nice beach side supurb of Glenelg, you have to ride the old vintage tram for about 25 minutes ( very cool) , and it pretty much stops on the main shopping promenade in Glenelg.
Although the sun was shining, once out by the ocean, i was hit with a stiff cool breeze, since the atmosphere had cooled quite a bit after the rain yesterday. So as i was watching the girls play some beach ball, huddling there trying to find some protection from the wind ( Germany got killed by Finland, and the California girls were beating up on Hong Kong), i met some guys from the Switzerland indoor team who had come down to the beach since the indoor competition was already finished.
Well,
beach Volleyball venuebeach Volleyball venuebeach Volleyball venue

not quite as big time as Bondi during the Sydney olympics, but nevertheless... not bad at all
as it goes in vb circles, we start to talk...., we grap an open net....., snag a ball.... and ended up playing 3 on 3 and 2 on 2 for the rest of the day!!!! yes, i was super sore the next day, and yes, it was loads of fun, and yes it got warmer and since the guys were from Geneva, i was able to freshen up on my French a bit as well!! Needless to say that we had a great time, totally forgot about watching the rest of the competition and just had fun in the sun! Ah life is good!
Since we got along so well, once the evening sun hit, i ended up catching a ride back into town with them, and after we all got cleaned up, we ended up meeting for dinner, and dined in a really nice Adelaide restaurant, curtousey of the Geneva Police Department !!! Oh, yeah!! Vive la Suisse!

so tomorrow i am off to Kangaroo Island... more on that later....



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

beaching !beaching !
beaching !

still no jump, but... its all in the wrist.. hahaha


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb