Clem Walton Park - Adels Grove


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
June 16th 2013
Published: June 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Sunday today, about 50-60ks from Mt. Isa, time to stock up on supplies before we head of the beaten track for about 7-10 days.

Well, were we in for a rude shock, Mt. Isa doesn't have 7 day trading - oops!!

Fortunately we found a little independently owned supermarket and a butcher open, that will have to do, limited choice of items and little expensive, but it's either pay the price or don't eat, and we all know eating is one of my favourite pass time of mine.

So of we trek, on to Adels Grove, on arrival, this place was like an oasis, palm trees and magical gum trees provide a magnificent canopy to camp under. This place is just magical. This is our home for 2 nights.

We were warned of the feral cat problem here, but were not prepared for the amount of cats that come out at night, unbelievable!

During the night we could hear the wildlife outside, either cats scavenging, wild pigs foraging under the trees, or just wallabys hopping around.

June 17th, today we will hire canoes and canoe up through the gorge, this will take about 2 hours. This was just beautiful, so peaceful, and only sighting one crocodile along the way.

Advertisement



27th June 2013

Agghhh!! A crocodile!
Sounds like you are having a good time Kaz and Pete!!! I enjoy reading the blogs - hope Pete didn't have to change undies when you cam across the croc!! Safe and happy travels, Em :)

Tot: 0.311s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb