31 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 31st 2012
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning marked the start of our journey south along the eastern seaboard.<span><span> After stopping in Innisfail again for a few essentials, we arrived at the lovely coastal town of Mission Beach and enjoyed lunch in the sun at a picnic area overlooking the coast.<span>The beach was flanked by palm trees and we appreciated the cool sea breeze as we went for a walk along the sand.

Later in the afternoon we made it to Tully and the stretch of road leading into the town was a hive of activity with sugar cane being harvested.<span> I stopped for a photo of The Golden Gumboot and found the landmark represents the record height for rainfall in Australia; 7.9 metres in 1950.

Our path then lead us inland through lush green farmland to Murray Falls where we grabbed a cheap campsite for the night that is set on grass among lofty gum trees.<span> We can partially see the Falls from our site through the tree tops and intend to go and explore the area tomorrow.<span> For now it’s time to put the feet up.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0993s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb