26 - 30 July 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 30th 2012
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday we headed off early to Cairns Airport and by the end of the day we were back in Adelaide.<span><span> The reason for the short return trip home was to surprise Dad for his 60th.<span>The weather was as cold as we had expected but generally I think we were fairly lucky as the skies remained clear for the three days we were back......Thursday and Monday were spent in transit so it was really a very quick visit.

The vast majority of the time was spent catching up with family and it was great to see everyone.<span> Shay and Jackie were our lovely hosts once again and we appreciated being able to stay in their lovely abode.

The effort towards planning the surprise for Dad paid huge dividends as he had no idea what we had in store for him and the day went off without a hitch.<span> Shay, Jackie, Rachel and I went down to Mum and Dad’s place at Port Elliot and we had a fantastic lunch at the Flying Fish Cafe where we spent over three hours enjoying the view out over Horseshoe Bay and eating some top notch food while washing it all down with more than a few bottles of lovely wine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb