airlie beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
April 7th 2006
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Friday April 7th

Today we drove from Rockhampton to Arlie Beach. We stopped in a burger joint on the way up, which advertised the biggest burgers around, so Jason being a burger connoisseur we had to stop and sample. The burgers were infact huge, probably 10 inches across, and maybe 4 inches thick. And they were good! We all got them sans the beets (we’re learning!) Jason got something called the king burger, which had a home made patty, grilled steak, eggs, bacon, pineapple, and other stuff… got a good photo of it! We continued the drive, and ended up in Airlie beach, gateway to the Whitsunday islands. This is a very big place for sailing as there are some 60 islands protecting the coast against big waves.

We drive downtown looking for a place to eat, and we stumble on a seafood place where Jason and I got a 110 $ platter for 2, this thing was huge! It had every kind of seafood on it, and was really good, infact there was so much Paulina got into the action, and we still couldn’t finish it! One thing the waitress said is that it’s been raining here for 2 months, which isn’t good. The RV Park we’re staying in is really nice, with a huge pool with 2 waterslides. I’m not sure if we’re going to stay an extra day here, or move north looking for sunnier skies.

Tomorrow we’re going down to the Saturday market, hopefully getting some nice souvenirs. More tomorrow!

Lee




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



14th April 2006

Homer burger
That is one MASSIVE burger! It's like the Good Morning Burger on The Simpsons, LOL Saw the picture of you hugging the koala and swimming with the sharks--can I die of jealousy now? :P Hope you guys have a great Easter! Keep up the postings! :D

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb