Welcome to Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 2nd 2010
Published: July 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Goodday from Down under!!

We started Oz in Cairns and yes we went to the Woolshed! Apart from that we juist picked up our van, Sheila, and headed to Cape Tribulation and went through Daintree rainforest which was pretty cool but as the name suggests it did rain a bit, drizzle mainly. Overall it was pretty good for a couple of nights but apart form the beaches and rainforest theres not much todo, which can be a bit rubbish at night.

We then headed down the coast stopping at Port Douglas which was a little posh but a nice break on the way down. Then we bombed it all the way to Townsville where we found a pretty cool free campsite with showers bbq and it was also right on the beach! We headed into Townsville and went into the Aquarium where we also visited the turtle hospital which was pretty cool and had a talk on sharks so you get your moneys worth.

We headed off the next day to Airlie beach and as soon as we got there we booked a tour to Whitsundays that left 2hrs later. So we rushed around getting our stuff sorted and van parked and got on the boat, whihc we stayed on for 3 nights. It was awesome, not only did we have amazing weather but the Whitehaven beach is pretty good aswell. The silica content in the sand makes it white as white, and also very expensive they apparently used it to make the hubble telescope! The next day we went to the Great Barrier reef which was one of the major things todo in Oz. We had a free 20min dive and I decided to buy another dive for $60 and it was well worth it. We dived at a place called Bait reef in the Çatherdral' which is a sort of wall reef which surrounds you. We also got to dive with white tip reef sharks which was really cool though my air was going quite quickly!!

After the awesome boat trip we headed further down the coast to Camila beach, we got there at night time and the view from the shore is spetacular if you ever want to stop over at a place on the way down thats free and beutiful this is the place!! We then went to Miriam Vale and the next day visited 1770 which we checked out the surf for the first time and there was some. Unfortunatley I didn't have a wetsuit or board so I left it. We then went to Bundaberg, and yes it was just for the Rum distillery which included 2 free drinks the best bit of the tour. They sell special liquor Bundaberg rum which was only sold there but it was a little to expensive and we left.

We are now near Frasier Island on a place called rainbow beach and have just brought a tour to go to Frasier Island tommorow for 1 night again money is pouring out of my bank! Oz is expensive and the exchange rate doesn't help things, and I don't want to miss out on anything so its a case of loans!!

We head to Noosa when we get back from Frasier so I'll update again soon!!

Mark



Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb