Further up the coast...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
June 1st 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

Th next morning we woke up and travlled to Kroombit, a cattle station in the middle of nowhere. we didn't really want to stop here as it was taking time out of travelling that we didn't really have but we actually ended up having a really good time.

When we arrived we had lunch and then we bth took a ride in a 4x4 with the owner of the property. we saw wild deer and wild horses as well as a massive python which was blocking the road.when we got back they took us to do a goat rodeo. In groups of 3 we had to catch, flip over and pin down a goat for a pretend branding. The quickest group won. we came third which was pretty good considering how fat our goat was. We went back for some drinks and some dinner and we also tried some goat which even Grace had a taste of. It was actually pretty good, like lamb! We then started on the drinking games, We did the limbo which sophie won and grace came second. We won a bottle of passion pop, aka giggle juice which is just fizzy wine. we had a go at whip cracking and then on the mechanical bull. We were rubbish but it probably wasn't helped by the fact we had had too much to drink. We played some more drinking games, another involving flexibility which we bothe came joint with one of the guys weirdly enough.

The next morning we woke up at the crack of dawn and started the day liong journey to Airlie. When we got there we went out for a drink with he guys from the bus. There was really good live music and we had a good night.

This morning we have checked in our luggage and are ready to jump on our boat for our Whitsunday's sailing trip. We'll Update you when were back.

Pics still not working, hopefully our new camera might work!

Hope your all okay and enjoying the sunshine!!

Lots and lots of hugs and kisses, Gracie and Soph. xxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb