Noosa & Australia Zoo!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
June 9th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Noosa on Thursday at 3.30pm & checked into the YHA there. James, Claire & I headed to an internet cafe for an hour or so before going to a meet & greet in the hostel where you got a free glass of wine, (travellers will do anything for free booze!) We then went to the supermarket & cooked tea, which was it for Thursday, we weren't supposed to drink in the YHA but we sneaked our case of Goon in & had a few glasses.

Friday we had planned to get surf boards from the hostel & teach ourselves to surf or at least have a go but unfortunately they were all booked out. We had a walk on the beach & sat on the sand, although it was sunny there was a chilly wind so we headed back for more layers of clothing, on the way home we booked our tickets for Australia Zoo the following day.

After lunch the three of us went for a walk around Noosa National Park, hoping to spot some whales off the coast, some Koalas in the wild & any other wildlife we might see. We didn't see any animals apart from some birds but it was a lovely afternoon & a really enjoyable walk along the coast with beautiful views. We headed home & walked back through town, stopping in a couple of shops; James & Claire had an ice cream each & then were absolutely freezing as it had gone cold as the sun was setting. Friday evening we had dinner & an early night in preparation for the following day.

On Saturday James was the first up, he said he was too excited to sleep & brought Claire & I a cup of tea in bed, bless him! We got the 'Crikey' bus at 8.30am with another guy from our hostel Tom & they showed us several Steve Irwin DVD's, it made me quite sad to see his wife Terri & his little children, Bindi & Little Robert, Steve was such a funny guy & we loved his DVD's it really got everyone in the mood for the Zoo!

We had an amazing day at the Zoo, we got to stroke Koala's, Kangaroos, see Crocodile shows, Tigers, Elephants & gorgeous wombats, one was sleeping & looked adorable! I saw animals I had never seen or even heard of before & probably wouldn't see ever again, I loved it; we watched another DVD on the way home & stopped to get some wine to have a little goodbye drink with James, as we were leaving for Brisbane on Sunday & he was staying in Noosa.

We played a couple of drinking games, James, Tom, Claire & I & got through a fair amount of Goon & I think James got a bit drunk as he had a bit of a go at me for talking on the phone to home & Andy, & moaned about Claire being on the phone so we had a bit of a row with him. He apologised in the morning & again brought Claire & I cups of tea in bed; I think it was his peace offering.

So we said goodbye to James & headed on the bus to Brisbane on Sunday morning. I liked Noosa it was really pretty but very expensive, I would have liked to have a go at surfing, (as I wanted to in 1770 but maybe another time!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb