Day 58 & 59


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
November 21st 2010
Published: November 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 58 and we cheked out and onto the beach before making our way to the harbour where we boarded our home for the next 3 days....Freight Train! The boat was ever so slightly cosy for 21 people but having met our delightful captain we spent the afternoon chilling on the deck before getting into our sexy stinger suits to go snorkelling on the Barrier Reef! We jumped back on board and had an amazing feast after mooring up for the night! We decided to head to our bunks early as we were getting up for sunrise however we needn't have bothered as none of us were able to sleep more than an hour....Elin was so hot she tried sleeping on deck but the, heat, rain and constant wave bashing were too much and so we sprung out of bed at 4.45am to go on deck for the sunrise! Luckily it was worth the early start and after the amazing views we headed to Tongue Bay where we left ship in our raincoats to cross the island to Whitehaven Beach! The walk to the lookout was fortunately dry, but upon arriving on the beautiful beach, raincoats ditched we walked to the end and were caught off gaurd by an almighty rain shower!! Very wet we sought shelter under a signpost but luckily the rain cleared and we had some hazy sunshine before heading back to the boat! Back on board the sea was just a little rough so we decided to have a nap before mooring at our next snorkel stop! After yet more amazing food we climbed into our stinger suits and Elin and Becky snorkelled with some massive fish which Kev the captain kept throwing bread at, whilst Camilla decided to scuba! The reef here was really beautiful and we saw lots of pretty fish including Nemo before heading back to the boat for our final sail before dinner! Luckily the rain from earlier had cleared and we were able to enjoy our roast beef before heading onto the deck for a quite evening of goon drinking in the moonlight!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 15; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.2kb