Another Wine Anyone?!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
October 30th 2009
Published: October 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Worse for wear....Worse for wear....Worse for wear....

I probably look better than I actually feel in this shot! I dont want to experience any more Tropical Hangovers!!
DAY 357

We got back to the trailer about 2.40 this morning, I was dog tired but ok, however Caroline was a bit worse for wear although she managed to direct me through Townsville and back to the campsite.

I woke at 7.00am and got straight up and put the kettle on, Caroline stirred and I made her a cup of tea. I had drunk mine by the time her not so smiley face appeared and she sat down in the chair opposite me.

We talked briefly about what an excellent night we had both had last night, then she said to me, that she was going to faint!! And then did!! She opened her eyes briefly and her pupils were fully expanded, then they closed and she completely flaked out.

I gently spoke to her asking if she could hear me and about no more than 20 seconds later she came to, I went and got a cold t-towel and put it on her head as she was hot. She said she felt awful and she didn’t look too pretty so I suggested that she climb back in to bed and try to get some sleep.

I mooched about, had some breakfast and Caroline’s cup of tea that she didn’t want and kept periodically checking on her. Heather rang at 09.30 to see if we were meeting today for a walk, I told her that Caroline couldn’t come out to play as she was feeling really rough and Heather also said she felt really bad and was contemplating whether to walk up Castle Hill or not this morning.

I thanked her for a fantastic night last night, we, Caroline and myself thoroughly enjoyed, she told me that the 3 of them, Caroline, Ian and Heather had drank 4 bottles of red wine, no wonder she had a hangover and felt rough. Ian had gone to bed when we left about 2.00am and was up for work at 5.30am way to go mate!!

I sat and typed the blog and looked at how Kangaroojack’s site was going this morning, overnight the hit count had gone up to 5710 it is so amazing.

It may seem a boring factor to you guys that we even bother to be interested in how many people are reading it, but if you consider that we have posted
Looking Much Better!Looking Much Better!Looking Much Better!

A good evening meal to revive the soul
402 blog entries and we have said before that we estimated that each blog entry averages out to be about 2.5 hours work, then if you base it on a 40 hour week it equates to just over 25 weeks worth of work, and we pride ourselves on getting it factually as correct as possible and entertaining as possible though sometimes that one is tricky.

I suppose that being so close to the end of our first year and never having done this before it will be nice to see what we end up with. Lots of people have said to us about a book but I think its just far to big now, and the blog is an accurate time line of the trip warts and all but you never know, we may get the time one day to edit the whole thing and but the best bits into a book.

About 11.00am I am feeling tuckered and as Caroline is still fast asleep I go and climb back on the bed and go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

I awake and may be I disturbed her, but she opens her eyes at least she is still in the land of the living, she asks me to get her another glass of water and I ask her if she could manage something to eat “I think so” came the response. So dry toast it is, two slices laid on a plate and left on the bed for her to nibble on.

I’m sure that at school in Science we were told that if you got drunk on red wine it dries in the stomach and if you drink any fluid, say water, to quench your hangover thirst then It dilutes the dried wine and turns it back in to a wine so the drunk feeling stay’s with you for quite a while.

I tell Caroline that I have typed yesterday’s blog and already have a name for today’s she exclaims that she bet it has her name in it but it doesn’t it is this one.

She settles back to sleep and I am just contemplating going for a swim, so tell her not to do anything stupid and I go a cool down in the pool.

When I get back, Caroline is still alive, just! And I ask her if she has managed to eat her dry toast and she asks me if I would butter it for her, (Diddums).

She finally rises at about 5.00pm and felt considerably better, and I said that I would go and get dinner on as she could have eaten a scabby donkey, fortunately we had a scabby donkey on the menu.

Pork chops, onions, potatoes and gravy all on the BBQ well except for the gravy that would have run down the hole in the middle, Caroline sat and devoured it all, she said she has gone up another stage of feeling better, certainly after eating, and the rest of the evening was just sitting quietly and not doing a lot else. Well ok, Caroline felt well enough to put a couple of loads in the washing machine, so things were looking ok.

As we had had such a late night I was happy to go to bed early there certainly hasn’t been many times on this trip that we have gone to bed this late and it really takes its toll on me. Even though Caroline slept all day virtually, she is tired enough to go to sleep.

If this is what too much drink does to you than leave it alone, I don’t profess to be self righteous, I don’t need to, but I know how it effects me so a leave it alone in the main.

Tomorrow will be another day, Caroline will feel revived and all will be well with the world.

Night all.

KJ xxx



Advertisement



13th November 2009

Book
Did you know that you can have your blog made into a book? I just printed mine on regular copy paper and it turned out OK. Even the pictures. But you can have them do it professionally!! As usual, a tremenous job on the blog. Great to hear of the large numbers of hits. It is a testament to your writing.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb