Cruisin the East -Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
December 5th 2007
Published: December 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We headed back to Sydney for the bumpy landing that always seems to occur in to see me old travelling bud and also to catch up with Sam, Matt and Maya (so cute!).

A quick summary....so far behind now!! piccys are the main bit!

Did a re run of Sydney with Sal which was cool and even managed arun along coogee to Bronte walk!! And of course ice cream and sydney harbour! Then stayed with Matt and Sam, was ace to see Maya too! Highlights were going swimming in an outdoor pool in the rain - awesome and going up to Palm Beach to see where Home and Away is filmed!! Oh n it rained most of the time - typical, it never does!!

Then we flew up to Townsville to see Mez, greatto see her after about two years!!! Towsnville heat hit us but was greatto be by the sea apartfrom the stinger jellyfish kind of stop you going in tothewater unless you have a big lycra suit on!!

Mez n her dad came with us to snorkel on theGtBarrier Reef, Kelso reef! It was amazing!!! After I got over the initial hyperventilating when I got
SydneySydneySydney

The view from the bridge was amazing!!
in the water, I couldnt keep my head out of the water!!It was like another world under there - so beautiful!!! Had plenty of beers with Mez and then me n D headed down to Airlee Beachto do Whitsundays but changed our mind when we got there and headed into Pioneer Walley insteadto go Platypus spotting and jungle trekking, well for D to get a leech stuck to his leg - gross and looked like something out of Alien - very traumatic!! Then we ended up in Cape Hillsborough National Park - amazingly beautiful!! I nearly got mowed down by a wallabee goingfull speed alongteh beach!!

Then had a full on Aussie steak and chips with afew pints with Mez, then back down to Sydney and out to Bangkok!!Sadto say bye to Oz but well excited for the rest!





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Back in Sydney AgainBack in Sydney Again
Back in Sydney Again

The harbour bridge at night
Coogee Beach to Bondi WalkCoogee Beach to Bondi Walk
Coogee Beach to Bondi Walk

The Art Exhibition (part of..)
Coogee Beach to Bondi WalkCoogee Beach to Bondi Walk
Coogee Beach to Bondi Walk

The art exhibition (part of..)


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb