Nobby


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Toowoomba
July 23rd 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 24th July
Friday was shopping day - checked out the city and found all the major shopping centres including Myer.
We booked an extra day so we could check out Rudds Pub in Tooth St, Nobby (yes it is a real street and town!!!!!).
About 1/2 an hours drive from Toowoomba - crossed a lot of small creeks where we could see a lot of repair work after the January floods - we could imagine it would not take very much for these small creeks to flood so most of these roads would have been impassable.
The township of Nobby was named after a railway worker whose nick name was Nobby, he married and lived in the town in the early days (don't know how Tooth St was named).
We had lunch in the room Steele Rudd used when writing some of his Dad and Dave stories. Rudds Pub is very popular with large groups as well and tourists.
When we were having lunch a group from a car club came in and we wondered what sort of car club there were and when we left we saw all the "mini's" parked behind John's cruiser. Quite a sight with them all lined up behind the Land Cruiser.
Nobby is also famous as the town where Sister Kenny grew up. She rose to eminence on the world scene for her revolutionary treatment for Polio and Infant Paralysis. She is buried in Nobby's cemetery.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb