Last Week Down Under


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Sunshine Coast » Mooloolaba
February 3rd 2008
Published: February 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have had a roller coaster week - not least cos we all went to Wet 'n' Wild for Fab's birthday. It is a great water park and we all went on most things - Fab was disappointed she couldnt go on the vertical surf board but I have to admit to being quite relieved myself! There was a small debate prior to launching ourselves down the black hole as Bendy and Fatty disappeared down the chute together and we discovered that there was a weight restriction but apparently that only made the ride quicker!

Fab had a low point in the week as well as she had to have a filling in her tooth - at least she will be taking a piece of Australia back with her.

At the beginning of the week we tried out hand at sailing and wind surfing - Fatty and I had done some windsurfing in our youth when he was out in the Middle East - the boards were narrow and the sails big - it took all your effort to raise the sail only to find it slamming back in the water again. The kit we used this time was
Preparation of the Birthday CakePreparation of the Birthday CakePreparation of the Birthday Cake

Completed in School Uniform
much more effective - wide boards and small sails - all the kids got up and going quickly and Fiendish and Flirty were particularly effective at turning (and falling off of course!).

The Girls also got an insight into school in Oz. They went into class with Boykie and Beauty - in order to fit in they dressed in as close to the uniform as poss. They both had a great time and Fab wanted to go back again. Flirty had to write her longest welsh word on the board - apparently it tied in with the homework which was to find something 2 metres long!

We have spent quite a lot of time on the beach this week. THe kids really enjoy just being a few metres from the sea. In fact Fiendish has attracted some attention with his works of art - maybe an alternative option for him will be to create sand sculptures in his gap year if the snowboarding option doesnt come off!

We are now packing to leave for Singapore and are into our last week of the trip. We cant belive we will be back home soon. We have had a
Lunch on our last DayLunch on our last DayLunch on our last Day

Liz finally took us to her favourite restaurant
great time in Oz and despite the weather are sad to leave.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb