Seisia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Seisia
May 20th 2013
Published: June 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Fast Forward and we’re at Seisia. We did an overnight sail from Cape Grenville to Seisia, originally planning on possibly stopping at the tip of Cape York. However, after reading that the anchorage is only Ok and with a strong wind warning current, decided to head on to Seisia. What a great move. Such a lovely little anchorage. The night sail was ok, but not as good as our last one. At one stage we had a ship coming in front of us, one coming up our rear and all going to meet in a narrow dog-leg in the shipping channel. We got way over left, as far out as we dared and left them to pass each other very closely.

But back to Seisia, a very lovely little community, excellent, calm anchorage in strong winds (which I am once again over!). We went ashore the first day, went to their very well stocked shop and had a steak burger for dinner at the Fishing club. The music they were playing was a mixture of local and oldies and was great. Got back to boat before dark as there are a few sandbars to cross and we actually anchored a fair way out. Also a wreck very prominent close to where we were anchored.

The next day we went down to the resort – the Loyalty Beach Fishing Lodge. Phil had stayed here with work a few years ago and wanted to show me. Such a lovely setting and maintained extremely well. They were having fish and chips on Sunday night so decided to attend for that. And very glad we did!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1010.7kb