Redcliffe QLD


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Redcliffe
May 26th 2019
Published: August 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post

G/Day,
Hope you are all well and looking after yourself. Apologies for the delay in adding another entry, been busy with work and getting the house set up.

We arrived in Australia on the 26th of May, my mate Deon kindly picked us up from the airport. We stayed with the Bird family for 2 months who had kindly offered to put us up until we could get sorted with a house.

The kids dealt with the flight really well but it took a week or so to get over the jet lag.

We are living in Newport on the Redcliffe peninsula in Queensland, which is about 40 minutes drive north of Brisbane.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Newport+QLD+4020/@-27.2095633,153.0725938,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6b93ef5c6b05291b:0x502a35af3df0f60!8m2!3d-27.2105!4d153.0904



Its officially winter here at the moment but it was 26 C the day we arrived and we've only had a couple of cool days since we've been here. Usually around early to mid 20's most days.

We took a few week to acclimatise before starting to look for jobs. Initially the job hunt seemed quite difficult as i got very little feedback but looking back now it was pretty easy to find work.
Becki found a job with a legal firm within 4 weeks and I ended up getting a job after 5. I'm working for a metering distributor in the city centre, near the Brisbane Broncos stadium and the XXXX brewery. I can smell them brewing the beer on my walk to train station.
The job is going really well, I'm taking over a role of someone who's been here for 9 years and plans to retire. The role is like an account manager / technical role so i'm trying to get to grips with the products and the regulations over here.

The kids are now in full time day care and seem to be settling in well. Elise is already developing a bit of an Australian twang. I keep making her pronounce stuff the proper way, In Yorkshire lol.

Anyway best wishes to everyone back home.

Keep in touch and ill try to add another update soon.

Its been emotional.

Calv


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb