RAVENSHOE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Ravenshoe
July 17th 2011
Published: July 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Brampston Beach we travelled to Ravenshoe passing through the Atherton Tableland. This is a very beautiful sceinic drive. Lots of places to stop off and have a look which really breaks up the trip. We made ourselves a coffee very high up on the tableand and learnt about wind mills at Windy Hill. It was amazing how very cold it was through this area when we had only just drove out of fairly warm temperatures.

Found a great free camp about 14km's out of Ravenshoe for the night. It is beside a lovely creek, lots of grass, toilets and we even managed to find a bit of wood for a camp fire. Savanah Way is no where near as busy as the Bruce Highway so we even managed to get a good nights sleep.

The next day we had a big drive still on the Savanah Way out to Croyden. Very boring drive with nothing to stop and look at...unless you have $100 spare and can afford to do a tour of the Undara Lava Tubes. But for us we would have had to wait till the following morning as the tours were booked out which also would have meant staying the night and getting the dog looked after. But a very unfriendly and rude person at Georgetown turned us off completely. So we just kept driving till we got to Croyden which we only have good things to say about. The Caravan park is not expensive, it's clean and all in town were friendly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb