Innot Hot Springs Qld


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Ravenshoe
July 12th 2022
Published: July 27th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We are enjoying the many hot springs we have encountered on our journeys across Queensland, and Innot Springs was no exception. There is even a Thermal Spring Way in the outback that travellers can follow. I guess that makes sense, given that the hot springs are basically sourced from bores sunk down into the Great Artesian Basin, which covers most of inland Australia.

Nestled in the Atherton Tablelands is the small village of Innot, between Ravenshoe and Mt Garnet, Queensland. The town is well known for the hot waters of Nettle Creek, which has been aptly named Innot Hot Springs. You can stay in the Caravan Park next door to the creek or come in as a Day Guest, to make use of their hot pools, which are filled with the spring water. Or you can walk right down to the creek and submerge yourself in the healing waters of Innot Hot Springs for free and be at one with nature. We chose to stay in the caravan park, with their clean, regulated temperature pools, of which there were six, ranging in temperature from 22 degrees up to 43 degrees C.

Innot Hot Springs are natural mineral springs that flow into the creek and downstream. The water in the creek, which is up to 75°C in some sections, is said to have healing and rejuvenating properties. They’re not wrong with the water temperature, as one pool dug into the sand near the stream that I stepped into nearly burnt my toes off. Visitors come and dig small pools in the sand next to the stream, allowing a mix of boiling water bubbling up through the sand and cool water from the stream to mix, forming a natural bath. The process is way too fraught with risk for our liking, preferring to stick with the regulated pools in the caravan park. We spent hours each in the pools each day, relaxing and talking with fellow travellers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb