Airlie Beach to Rainbow Beach/Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rainbow Beach
March 24th 2011
Published: March 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Airlie Beach to Rainbow Beach and Fraser Island


We travelled from Airlie Beach via the town of 1770 (which is soooo boring!!) before arriving in Rainbow Beach. Small town (again!) but quite nice to be able to chill out here as the last few weeks have been none stop drinking and partying!!

We are staying in Rainbow beach before heading to Fraser Island to do a 3 day tour of self guided 4wd!! So exciting!

After spending the next day on the beach before our briefing, we had another early night and got up early for our Fraser tour to behind!

The tour is 8 cars, each with approx 7/8/9 people in each. We are Team A (of course!) with 7 people altogether! We headed for the ferry which took 10mins over to Fraser Island. Fraser is the worlds biggest sand island, literally nothing sand, sea and beautiful scenery!

The weather started off pretty dull so we drove for a few hours before having lunch then headed for Indian Head look out point. Luckily the sun came out for the rest of our trip and we had beautiful weather! The next three days we visited gorgeous blue lakes and white beaches, rainforests and floated down creeks - all the water is about 26C!!

The only downside to all the fun was camping on the beach with no loos or showers for three days!! We all looked great by the time we got home!!

Alot of fun though, really didnt want it to end!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb