Port Douglas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
February 7th 2010
Published: February 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sydney Olympic TorchSydney Olympic TorchSydney Olympic Torch

Held under water during a 3m dive
Today we travel to Port Douglas - a place where even the corner shop is classed as a boutique. We arrive at 6pm as it is going dark - not good when we need to eat and are in the mood for an adventure!

We drop our bags and head out - we follow signs for the beach only to be walking in the completely wrong direction! Eventually we find it! Next we try the Marina - again bad signposting (or map reading prevents this) so we try to look for somewhere to eat but as it’s wet season we find most places are closed until March!

We head back to the hostel and call it a night - we will try again tomorrow!

08.02.10

We wake up feeling slightly more refreshed than the last two days despite the dodgy gluing together of bunk beds!

We find a book shop in the centre (10 minutes down the same road as the hostel is on - the exploring paid off!) which offers cheap fruit toast and settle for this as we have not eaten since yesterday lunchtime.

Next we venture to the Court House Museum, walk along the beach before heading back to the hostel for our first effort at cooking! After we ate we decided to go find the lookout in time for the sun setting - not as easy as it sounds - we walked the 4 mile beach before venturing higher and higher and higher. We finally reach the top only to find the sun setting behind trees on the other side (doh!).

We walked back into the centre and caught the end stages of the sun setting from the street! We stocked up on water before searching for an ice-cream to enjoy on the walk back to the hostel.

09.02.10

Another relaxing day ahead in time for our journey back to Cairns tomorrow!




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

KerryKerry
Kerry

Jumping - again!
SundialSundial
Sundial

Showing distance between countries
Kerry & RobKerry & Rob
Kerry & Rob

At the lookout
BugBug
Bug

Shedding its body on our door frame!


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb