Cape Tribulation


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
February 6th 2010
Published: February 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well it’s been 3 years since me and Rob got together, quite strange being at the other side of the world for it! We bought each other a postcard and confectionery as it’s the only thing the store in Cape Tribulation stocks!

It took an hour to do the 3km walk in the heat and humidity and we are not quite sure what to expect! We read in the lonely planet about a bat house - housing one or two fruit bats who have been either injured or orphaned. What we were greeted with was slightly different - 2 speckled fox??? Bats who were being hand reared as their mother had died.

The lady literally hung the bats from her arm before transferring them to Rob - I was rather apprehensive but the bats had other ideas and just dived for me anyway. We spent about an hour or so browsing the fascinating facts - most of the forest was cleared in the 70/80s and is now classed as private land!

Next we went to Cape Tribulation Beach and spent some time chilling before heading back for dinner. The heavens opened this evening so we played pool, dominoes and connect 4 again!

When we got to our beach house i noticed a massive golden orb spider on the door when i pointed it out to Rob he screamed and ran inside, closing the door behind him - leaving me to fend for myself! - we are not sleeping very well knowing all these creepy crawlies are around!

We tried to go on a night tour of the rainforest but unfortunately we were the only ones mad enough to want to do it! so it was cancelled!



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb