Palm Cove Qld


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Palm Cove
August 14th 2022
Published: August 15th 2022
Edit Blog Post

The drive from Port Douglas to Palm Cove was one of the most spectacular drives I have ever undertaken, and would rival any road trip across Australia, and would even rival some of the great European roads we have travelled. Captain Cook Highway follows the edge of the Far North Queensland coast that looks out to the Great Barrier Reef. Fortunately, the day we travelled it was clear and sunny, and we felt compelled to stop several times for photo opportunities.

Palm Cove lies between Port Douglas and Cairns on the sunny Far North Queensland coast. It lacks the championship golf courses and ritzy shops of Port Douglas, but has it’s fair share of exclusive resorts, luxury condominiums and expensive restaurants. The long beach front stretches from Palm Cove through to Clifton Beach, and has two patrolled netted swimming areas.

Kim and I enjoyed long walks along the Esplanade and we had a number of swims in the ocean. It was my first swim in the ocean on our maiden caravan trip, and I did check with the Life Guards that there were no crocs or stingers in the ocean to worry about. They had a bit of a lend of me, which I totally deserved due to my southerner paranoia.

NRMA Caravan Parks are renowned for their facilities and friendly service, and Palm Cove was no different. The park put on a concert with a guest artist on Saturday night, who was apparently in a well known rock and roll band in the 1960's. The concert was well attended and provided a good opportunity for guests of the park to socialise.

Once again, due to the popularity of Palm Cove we were only able to secure two days accommodation in this NRMA Caravan Park. We really enjoyed our relaxing time at Palm Cove, and unfortunately had to pack up all too soon to move on to Cairns.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb