Rainbow beach and Noosaville


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
March 7th 2011
Published: March 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to sun this morning. We walked across the street to the pier to take some pictures. On our way out of town we spotted this place with all kinds of shark paraphernalia. I've heard about this guy from the movie Sharkwater. He goes out and hunts these "man-eating" sharks to protect whales. Anyways he has this shark museum in Hervey Bay with all the stuff he's collected from these sharks. I took pictures of the outside of it as we drove by.

We made our way down to Rainbow beach on the other end of Fraser Island. It's named rainbow beach for it's cliffs of different coloured sand. We did a little bush walk to get to a huge sand dune. You literally get to the opening of the trees and it's just sand. It's beautiful and so quiet up there. We took some pictures and headed back down to have lunch by the ocean. After lunch we took a walk down on the beach. It was a gorgeous beach with a small swimming area set up. We had to keep moving so we headed on down the Sunshine coast. We got to a place called Noosa Heads.

After talking to the information center ladies we decided to stay in Noosaville for the next 2 nights and day trip out of there. We got a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment there for the same price as a hostel. We had our own little patio with a pool. We headed to the grocery store and came home to cook up a meal for ourselves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb