Noosa (April 2008)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
June 3rd 2008
Published: June 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent a couple of days in Noosa, which is a lovely little town on the Sunshine Coast. The high street was quite upmarket, well for backpackers anyway, with loads of nice restaurants, shops and ice cream shops - Lou and I are eating our way around Australia in ice creams.

On our first day we went for a walk around the national park. We took the coastal path alongside the beach so we could check out the surf. I know it’s cheesy but the place so reminds me of Home and Away with all the kids running along with their surfboards! The views were really cool from the park, out across the beach and ocean. We saw a really cute koala bear sleeping in the tree as well.

We stayed at a really nice hostel near the beach, where we met two lovely girls, Tara and Alex. On our second day we persuaded Tara to come body boarding with us which was pretty much hilarious! Lou was definitely the best, flying over the waves, while Tara and I spent most of the time trying to find our bikinis which kept flying off, down or up! We had a great day, playing in the water and sunbathing, felt like a kid again.

We met up with Alex that evening, starting the night early with happy hour daiquiris at a bar down the road. We made the most of the half price drinks, having a few each before starting on the full price ones. It was really funny because Lou suddenly seemed to turn from merry to hammered in the space of a couple of minutes. One minute she was joking away, the next she was staggering back from the toilet saying she was going home. It was 9pm which was pretty early but there you go. The best was still to come though, after collapsing in her bed, Lou decided it was time to be sick but couldn’t make it to the toilet so she fills up:

1) A cup
2) Her backpack

It was lovely when we had to leave the next morning and all of us in the hostel were greeted by the smell of sick. Still not as bad as it was for Lou, an awful hangover and a bag of sick, lovely!

While Lou was sleeping off the 4 cocktails she’d drank (yes only 4!) I went to the surf club with the girls to listen to the locals sing karaoke. Not so much like Home and Away, more like a working men’s club in Newcastle, same tacky songs and drunken performances, just a bit more sun.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Surf chicksSurf chicks
Surf chicks

Ha ha ha


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb