Day 50


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
November 21st 2010
Published: November 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Having counted down the hours until we could get out of bed we escaped the spiders and prepared for our first day of canoeing! Our group of 9 was split into 3 full size Canadian canoes and so naturally we decided to stick together and brave the river as a threesome! To say our steering was a little off is an understatement but after a 2 hour 'paddle' against the current and across a very wavy lake we abandoned ship early and decided to walk the rest of the distance along the shore! We arrived at the second oldest pub in Australia where we had lunch amongst the Kookaburras before a little recovery break on the beach! We went back to the boats which were unfortunately still where we had left them and decided that a change of positions might improve our progress.....it didn't and so we resorted to singing cheesy ballads to keep us going along with the Germs (aka the 3 german boys in the canoe next to us!) That evening we were treated to pizza and a beer and we decided there was no other option but to drink some goon as we were going to be leaving our delightful dorm and sleeping in a 2/3 man tent!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb