Viva Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
October 29th 2007
Published: October 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We finally flew into Sydney after nearly two days travelling in the end and were looking stunning. We have attached some pictures of the deterioration of ourselves over the many many hours - enjoy.

We were in Sydney for two days and stayed at Coggee Bay - the Coggee Bay Hotel was the most hillarious place I have ever been to on a night out. We actually turned up there by accident from the hotel and were kindly told that we were in the wrong establishment and our hostel was actually up the hill. Well it was an interesting place to say the least and we had bunk beds but it was close to the beach and the people were nice. We slept the first night by accident.

We went to the Cooggee Bay hotel the second night and stayed up all night drinking Bundeberg Rum which apparenly is pure sugar - probably explains why we were wide awake the whole night and only forced ourselves to go to sleep cos we had a flight to Brisbane two hours later.

We have decided to flashpack our way up the coast as we dont have much time! We went to the place to book the bus and bought a flight instaed to Brisbane. Woops.

On the plane to Brisbane we met some bloke wearing a superman t shirt who was from Brisbane and was going there on business. He let us get in his cab and took us on a tour of the city and then dropped us at the best hostel he new of and his work even paid for the cab!!!! I think we look like we need helping at all times and we keep getting adopted by taxi drivers who are worried about us and drive back to get us from places for free. It has happened twice now!

We went to Maroochydore and saw Ado who was on our trip in Brazil. We went to the Surf Club which amused us no end but Louise kept talking about Wolf Creek the film and I got scared and thought he might actually kidnap us and so left Louise on her own while I went outside to survey the area and get help if we needed it. Think this travelling malarkey is making us paranoid. Think we keep thinking we should have got kidnapped in South America so we have still got it coming!

Got to Noosa this morning and guess what - it is raining - AGAIN!!!!!! Our hostel is like something out of Dirty Dancing - we love it. Have been on the beech and got savagely burnt already though so it will give us a bit of a break!

Hanging around here for a while until the Triathalon on Sunday. One of our friends from Peru is running in it so we may stay but time is running out so will probably head north and try to find the sun!

Chao Chao

Us
xxxxxxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb