Mission (Beach) Impossible


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
February 27th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

MISSION BEACH

We arrive into Mission beach and are meet by an older gentleman in a regulation beat up white minibus that reminded us of the one in Bundaberg! He was harping on about being the only one in the village, (hostel, not gay!) as everyone else jumped on the Absolute bus, hmmm not a good sight!

We arrive and an older lady took forever to check us in and as we were taking our bags into the room she realised the room had not been cleaned! Hmm! Not hard when you only have 8 rooms to look after in total! The whole place just looked a little grubby, the paint on the floor had been rubbed through a couple of different coloured layers to the concrete and the photos from the website must have been a couple of years old at least! There was an open (to the elements that is) kitchen full of ants and the owners were like Nazi’s when it came to drying up your plates! The one good thing was that there was a brand new huge flat screen TV in the Open lounge! How it is still their and no one has nicked it I do not know!

We dropped out bags off while they were cleaning the room and popped into town to pick up some cash to pay and Charlotte run’s into the local internet café to see if we can get out of staying there! We decide it would cost too much, so decide to suck it up as we are there for three day to relax. Good job to as there is nothing to do, at all! Unless you want to go skydiving or white water rafting, which we have already done in New Zealand.

When we get back and have paid for the room (at least it has air con & a fan!) we find that we have the squeakiest bed in the world! Hmmm! Three days relaxing, eating pie & chips at the local fish and chip shop. We did have a little walk down to the beach, but the tide was out and it was a little too windy to go swimming, it also looks a little murky! We did watch a lot of TV and of course the infamous “Wolf Creek” before getting the bus back to the Greyhound.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 25; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb