The best hostel in the History of Hostels!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
February 19th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

White Water Rafting Mascot!White Water Rafting Mascot!White Water Rafting Mascot!

Too tight fisted to get the piccies of the actual action though!
It is said that there is nothing to do in Mission Beach except use it as a base for White Water Rafting and Sky Diving! This is pretty much true! We did struggle to fill our remaining day there! HOWEVER, in my opinion Mission Beach should become renowned for the Best Hostel in Australia, The Beach Shack! In my whole time in Australia I have not been to a cleaner, homlier, nicer hostel! It was fantastic! The owner told me she set out to make a home away from home, where travellers could feel safe and just enjoy there time! And she manages it! So to all you travellers out there - head that way!

Aside from that though, we did as expected and did our White Water Rafting from there and man was it fantastic! (It also become our treat to ourselves for Valentine's day!) The Tully River really is quite something - particularly in its earlier stages! It wasn't quite as exilherating as i had been expecting but it was still pretty amazing! We were grouped into 7's and given a fully trained rafter! Ours was a Canadian (man are they everywhere - I am suprised that there are any left in Canada!) called Josh - who did an ace job of gettin us down the rapids without capsizing us! We were given all the appropriate training though, with associated commands which we had to react to as fast as possible! It made it a bit more fun knowing that you had to do something to ensure you came out the other end! Fortunately for us it was quite overcast so we avoided burnt thighs and foreheads which frequently happens apparently! The day was fantastic good fun though, so much so that I have every intention of doing it again in NZ - I'll keep you posted!

From Mission Beach it was on to our final Ozzie stopover before starting the planning for NZ!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.1kb