Mission Beach and White Water Rafting!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
January 23rd 2007
Published: January 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We stayed in the best hostel ever. It's called Beach Shack and is in Mission Beach. It's more like a home than a hostel. It's quite small, only about 30 people, and is family run. There was a lounge with huge sofas and a big tv, duvets on the beds with 2 pillows, free tea and coffee. These things are total luxury after some of the hostels I've stayed in recently. A lovely girl from Belgium was helping run it whilst we were there, and to be honest she made it. We even had a girly night, she made popcorn and we took over the lounge and watched Dirty Dancing and other girly films, much to the boys disgust!

Anyway, we decided to do white water rafting on the Tully River whilst we were there. Tully is the wettest place in Australia, there was a cyclone there in March which caused a lot of distruction in the area. The first 2 days we were in Mission Beach it had rained constantly and very heavily, so we thought we'd be wet anyway, so may as well be wet having fun whitewater rafting. It was brilliant. There were 7 of us in our raft, me, Nikki, Sara, Mike, Paul (Irish) and Caroline (Norwegian), and our instructor was Darren, he was fun. I volunteered to sit at the front with Caroline, and although it was scary I think it was the best place to sit to get the full excitement. Pictures below....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb