Mermaid Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mermaid Beach
May 26th 2012
Published: June 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

With an emphasis on healthy living (minus the curry the night before!) our package included vouchers for yoga and a massage, so we booked up the massage for the afternoon and walked via the beach to our beginners course in Yoga at Essence of Living Yoga Studio. After an hour of contorting our bodies into unfamiliar shapes we took a quick walk back to the mall as Jo wanted to go back and get a top she'd seen the day before.

Back at the motel it was soon time for our Thai massage. Will went first and returned to tell Jo to be cautious with how hard a massage she actually wanted as the masseur was pretty strong! After both having all the knots in our backs rubbed out we went for a walk along NobbysBeach to Broadbeach in search of a potential dinner location before returning back to the motel to Skype our parents from outside the reception office in the dark as we couldn't get WiFi signal in our room.

As we were walking back into Broadbeach that evening there seemed to be a lot of loud music being played, but as we got closer to the main boulevard we discovered there was actually a free street concert so we stopped for a while to enjoy the covers of Eric Clapton.

Due to the high volume of people in the area all the restaurants were packed and our first choice was booked out so we decided to grab a couple of takeaway pizzas and a bottle of wine and head back to the room for another relaxing evening in front of our own TV!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1158s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb