ON THE ROAD AGAIN


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mareeba
November 12th 2011
Published: November 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bye Bye Mareeba House Sit.
The house has been lovely and very comfy, the view fantastic, the weather great and we have become very attached to the animals. Max in particular is going to miss his new friend and I’m sure she will miss him too.
Peter is going to miss the endless supply of chook eggs and duck eggs and I will miss the excitement of hatching ducklings. The first duckling “Quacky” which we raised in the laundry is now a massive, healthy 9 week old boy who is happily living in the chook pen. Little does he know that there is now 10 others waiting to grow big enough to join him.
So now it’s off to the Northern Territory for us! Right smack in the wet season! Most beautiful time to see it we are told.
Yes we are crazy and yes we know it’s going to be hot and wet. But we are going prepared (well as prepared as one can be for the unknown) with a new addition to our camping gear. A camper trailer with air-conditioning!
We are both very excited about this camper. It really does only take 1min to put up. We do
Our new AvanOur new AvanOur new Avan

This is our van set up. It folds down very low to tow.
still have our tent for all the 4x4 sections of our trip and hopefully the van will make the rest of the journey easier, faster and most importantly safer in tropical storms.
Max has now progressed from being in the back of the ute to being in the cabin with us so he can enjoy the air conditioning too!
Just a couple more places to visit and we will be crossing the Queensland - Northern Territory border. It's great to be on the road again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sugar Cane FireSugar Cane Fire
Sugar Cane Fire

We got to see many sugar cane burn offs in the early evenings.


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb