Townsville & Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
June 15th 2012
Published: June 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we set off for Townsville at around 9.35. It ws meant to leave at 9, but it was running late. This meant that we probably wouldn't make the connecting ferry over to magnetic island. We would have to wait another hour. It was a 5 hour trip, so we tried to get a bit of sleep. We were hanging a bit, as we were out with the Whitsundays crowd and we went on a bit of a session. So we stocked up on water, crisps and sprite for the trip.

We arrived at Townsville, and I ran off to find an atm, as there are not many on the island. Managed to get back and we got the ferry across. It lasted about half and hour and it was a nice crossing, taking in the views. So amazing this Country does not surprise me anymore. There is so much to see and so much to do. We arrive and get a bus with a nutter of a driver who almost kills us a few times. We go and check in at the resort and go in to the bungalow. We are sharing with an English guy and a French guy. We head out for coconut bowling and both me and Mike win a jug of beer. Happy days!!

Off now to a Koala sanctuary, I literally cannot wait. I have always wanted to hold one and feed one. I just hope it doesn't poo on me, haha!!

So anyway, we are heading off to the beach now for an hour or two to get some sun. Speak to you soon. xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb