Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
November 19th 2007
Published: November 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

16th Nov - We headed out of mission on the greyhound down to Townsville where you catch the ferry over to Magnetic Island. We booked ourselves on the Koala Express which was a deal for 2 nights at the Bungalow Bay Koala Village. We had a cute little A framed bungalow ( a mini shed !!!) We were joined at the village with Shannon and Chloe who we met in Mission Beach. We were 2 mins from Horseshoe bay which was a lovely beach and had a few little bars and shops.

Our first night we headed up to a Tapas bar which was lovely and a nice night away from cooking and cheap deals !!!!! with a glass of sangria it was a nice evening

17th Nov-The next day the 4 of us hired a Mini Moke which was brilliant only cost $68 for 24 hours and gave us a chance to get round the island a bit more to other bays, with that and trekking to bays which was totally knackering. In the evening we popped out in the Moke to see some night spotting of little roos, to then be chased in the Moke by a couple of Staff dogs that came from nowhere barking, to which we thought they would attack us, Matt floored the Moke ang got us out of there, with me shannon and chloe screaming !!!! all part of the fun when you think back except at the time we were petrified !!!

18th Nov - After taking the Moke back we chilled by the pool and then went on the Koala tour which is held at the place we are staying, we got to hold a baby croc and also a chance to hold Barney the Koala and have our photos taken with him. (all the pics and tour were part of the Koala express deal we had).
In the evening we stayed in the bar and caught up with boys we met up with in Mission aswell. All of us back together for another night !!!!

19th Nov - Off to Airlie Beach !!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb