Longreach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Longreach
July 1st 2009
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On the way to Longreach we did a tyre. We made it Longreach without busting another tyre. We looked around for a replacement tyre. Lucky us, we found a tyre dealer straight away, so Dad ran in and asked if they could fix it. They came out to have a look and said “Sorry it can’t be fixed”. So we found the Information Centre and got a map of the time and asked about the caravan park. We found the caravan park we were after, so we went and booked in. We set up and made lots of phone calls to try to replace the tyre. The earliest we could get one was next week.

We had to spend 5 days in Longreach, much more than we planned to. So we did one thing per day to stretch out the activities. Sunday we went to Stockman’s Hall of Fame and I bought a whip. It was very expensive, but I love it. Mum won’t let me use it until we get home. Monday we were planning to go to Qantas, but went to Cobb & Co Station Store instead. So Tuesday we went to Qantas. We were figuring out what tour to go on. I thought the wing walk, but it was $185 per person. We ended up on the Secrets of the 747 tour, which is the biggest plane built for Qantas. There were 6 people who brought the plane to Longreach. They were afraid to land it on the air strip. They thought it would be too small for the 747 to land. They ended up taking around 200 to 285 kgs off the plane. To land, they had to place markers at the edge of the runway, because the wings struck out over the edge of the runway. It was delivered to Longreach on the 16th November, 2002 after returning the Bali Bombing victims home. It’s usual cruise speed is 920km per hour.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb